Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Quarter 4

I have grown very much over the course of the year that I have been here in eighth grasde. At the beginning of the year, I had not known too much about conventions and how to word specific types of sentences. After about three quarters, I have learned enough things about how to create sentences and how to perfect them. Now that I have learned all this, it has made a huge improvement in all the writing that I do now.

As a basis for this comparison of improvement, I will be using the values paper that I wrote close to the beginning of the year. I had very many spelling mistakes and other types of mistakes such as forgetting to capitalize, forgetting to put the comma and connecting two very short sentences. These such mistakes are very careless and are also mistakes that seventh or sixth graders wouldn't make. This is why I must improve and over the year, I am proud to say that I have improved dramatically and now it is very rare that I would make these kind of careless mistakes.

I have learned a great many things in grammar that I actually never knew before. These things include how to use semicolons, whether to capitilaze "the summer" or not and other things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment